Credit Union National Association is recruiting for a Human Resource Coordinator (Part-time) via QTI Executive & Professional Search.
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) is the most influential financial services trade association and the only national association that advocates on behalf of all of America's credit unions. We’ve been named a Top Workplace for two years in a row by the Wisconsin State Journal (WSJ).
Credit Union National Association is excited to announce an opening for a Human Resource Coordinator. This position is part-time and will work 30 hours/week from CUNA’s Washington, DC location. The individual in this role is an integral member of the Human Resource Team, supporting, creating, and delivering on a variety of activities that comprise CUNA’s HR operations, with a specific focus on benefits administration and payroll support. If you’re looking for the next step in your human resource career and have an eagerness to contribute to an evolving human resource team with your experience, ideas, and unique perspective, this is the opportunity for you!
- Maintains familiarity with all CUNA programs, policies, and procedures that span all HR functions, as well as a working knowledge of state and federal HR laws and general HR practices to provide Human Resource functional support in the areas of Benefits/Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, On- and Off-boarding, and other employee transactions and activities.
- This support may include, but is not limited to disseminating information to employees; serving as a first-line resource for employee and retiree questions; reconciling invoices, insurance billings, and other HR vendor payments; processing benefit and other employee transactions; reviewing and responding to unemployment and other claims; reconciling payroll and other data entry; payroll support including time card audits, time off approvals and adjustments; supporting the recruitment process by preparing job postings; running and coordinating new employee orientation, and maintaining confidential employee files and information.
- Enter and control data from confidential employee records in the organization’s Human Resource Information Systems (i.e., benefits, wage, grade, supervisor, facility information). For new hires, launches onboarding task within Paylocity. Maintains workflow of Onboarding and Offboarding HR Admin tasks within the JIRA (IT Ticketing system). Reviews source documents for accuracy and completion of data input and verifies information to ensure accuracy across all HR actions taken within and through the system. This includes running and distributing reports and information, as well as timesheet process administration. Serves as a backup administrator for HR Internal Communications tools such as Simplr.
- Provides broad-based and confidential administrative support to HR Management. May include special project support, report and/or presentation creation, document creation, information maintenance on the organization’s intranet, general employee service support, among others.
- Responsible for processing all Accounts Payable for the HR and Facilities team, maintaining office supplies through vendors' web-based system.
- Participate in, drive, and support the employee team that leads various employee engagement activities from recognition/service activities and events to social activities and events. Also includes, but is not limited to: Take Your Child to Work Day, Wellness Week activities, International Credit Union Day, among others.
- In coordination with the Vice President of Human Resources, serve as a point of contact for the facilities vendor which handles security badge management, building access requests, mail, shipping, and other offices/facility setup and related needs. Serve as a liaison to both the vendor, and to building landlord for day-to-day support.
- Associates degree in business, human resources, or other similar field or relevant experience in lieu of education.
- One (1) to three (3) years of administration experience, with proven success handling complex and confidential issues, interactions, and information. Prior experience with payroll, supporting benefits, or other human resource functions desired.
- A self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively in a team setting. Demonstrated ability to take projects and tasks, often with little information or context
- Strong analytical skills and ability to effectively identify and proactively address problems that are a combination of procedural, operational, or more complex nature.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks and priorities with frequent interruptions and handle a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines, all while delivering quality results.
- Detail orientation and mathematical skills to ensure that benefits, payroll, invoices, and the like are accurately processed and reconciled
- Strong relator with the ability to handle employee and leader requests and inquiries with tact, confidentiality, and diplomacy.
Passionate / Collaborative / Inclusive / Authentic / Accountable (our Values)
Internal job grade: 7