Credit Union National Association is excited to announce an opening for a Financial Systems Manager to join their finance team. This is an integral role responsible for financial systems, reporting, training, and working with departments and leadership throughout the organization to assist with the goals and objectives of finance and the needs of the enterprise.
This position will be considered a hybrid with a blend of remote and in-office at CUNA’s Madison, Wisconsin office.
- Responsible for all finance department systems and oversight of the related system work performed by staff across corporate financial systems. These systems include general ledger and financial reporting, planning, and budgeting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, payroll, sales tax, credit card processing, and expense reporting applications, among others.
- As the Finance Business Systems Owner, collaborate with IT to ensure that financial systems both in-house and outsourced meet the needs of the organization and protect the records and information of the organization.
- Serve as the interface between internal IT and external consultants throughout troubleshooting, new feature implementation, and upgrades pertinent to the financial systems.
- Direct and perform systems analysis, design, implementation, strategic planning, and related policy development on these systems.
- Fulfill the varied financial reporting needs of the finance department and the business areas the finance department serves. This includes reporting of a complex nature, including updating system reporting criteria to reflect changes to CUNA’s chart of accounts.
- Accountable for the creation and maintenance of all reporting across all financial systems, as well as the development of any scenarios in the system to support and drive forecasting, planning, and other specialized reporting requirements.
- Advise and inform finance leadership through the creation, maintenance, and ongoing updating of highly customized reporting to support leadership’s financial analysis and general strategic business support of business units across the organization.
- Drive reporting-related recommendations such as the assignment of financial accounts, and other financial structure changes that have a systems-related impact.
- Lead, participate, and contribute to ongoing financial systems projects and initiatives that support the goals and objectives of finance, and the needs of the enterprise.
- Support finance efficiency efforts with process flow documentation, automation insights, and technologies for improved processing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Train Finance staff on all financial systems and provide orientation training for non-Finance employee on Finance systems and procedures. This includes developing the training content and leading end-user training and support for the budgeting and expense reporting systems used by CUNA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, management information systems, or relevant experience in lieu of education.
- 5+ years of experience operating and managing all in-house accounting systems, including general ledger, accounts payable, billing, and accounts receivable, fixed assets, payroll, and others.
- Demonstrated proficiency and excellence in financial systems design. Inclusive of both technical and manual operations, as well as complex reporting functions.
- Deep financial systems experience and skills, including system implementation, report development, system administration, and troubleshooting experience.
- Inclusive of experience across several financial systems such as financial accounting and general ledger, budgeting and forecasting tools, expense and travel management, accounts payable, sales tax reporting, and others.
- Experience bridging financial data to and from organizational administrative systems with finance systems.
- Systems reporting expertise, including familiarity with SQL Management Studio and database tools.
- Demonstrated success as a financial system project owner; ability to proactively drive system upgrades, enhancements, conversions, implementations, or other new features through the project, implementation, and change management processes.
- Experience and familiarity with multi-entity organizations and the related financial record impacts.
- Understanding of finance and accounting practices, specifically the interaction and connectivity of those practices within financial systems and to maintain appropriate adherence to financial controls within the scope of systems and technology activities.
- Experience with not-for-profit and trade association financial statement compilation is helpful, but not required.
- Ability to travel 10 days per year.